COOLEST PIC - EVER!!

This post is gonna be a rant and some other stuff. Want I want to rant about is humans and the way they treat animals and two particular instances. Don't get me wrong, I love a slab of beef etc etc, I'm not anti the killing of animals for food. Hey I'm carnivorous, what can I say. But this just pissed me off!!

First up karakul fur: it's the pelts of newborn lambs and is used by the fashion industry to make hats and expensive clothing etc. So this is how it works, you get a pregnant ewe and you force it to give birth prematurely, usually by punching it repeatedly in the stomach and slaughter the fetus/lamb as soon as it's delivered. Or you simply wait until it's born and then slaughter it. I mean for fucks sake, really is this necessary. This is done so some wealthy person can strut their stuff at a cocktail party, ooh look at me I'm wearing the fur of a fetus....yeah right, read about this some more here and here.

Second piss off is this lil gem, hunting animals via the internet, basically you use your computer to hunt an animal in the comfort of your own home and click the mouse and the animal dies, no not virtual reality style, the animal is actually shot using a gun controlled by you and your puter. Perfect recreation for the fat lazy slob arse hunter. Man come the Armageddon and the rise of the super cockroaches from the nuclear aftermath and our human arses are toast, we got a lot of bad karma to answer for. Here's a snippet from this article :

"Dale Hagberg of Indiana, paralyzed and bed-ridden, will try to kill a wild animal for the first time since he was injured in a diving accident nearly 20 years ago. I was an avid hunter before I got hurt," Hagberg said. "I've missed it ever since."

Awww aint that great, the crippled guy can kill stuff too now, jeeezuuus H!!!

Now some lighter stuff, my team won the semi final of our pre season tournament today with a 12 - 2 obliteration of Colo Colo, I had nothing to do all game cept make 2 saves.....and we can see what happened there cant we :ouch: But that gets us into the grand final next week and a crack at the silver ware :o)

Last night was poker night at Marcos' place for Karks b'day, was tre` fun, mostly because I won most of the kitty, tee hee hee, with a brilliant last round in which Karks and Beth decided to basically bet their entire pots on what they thought was their winning hands, hmmmm, I figured they both had two pairs each. I had to purchase more stake from the bank to stay in the hand and finally managed to call em. Yep two pairs a piece, which sadly (for them) was hardly enough to combat my killer hand of 3 0f a kind :grin grin: 3am came around so very quickly :o)

Well that's all folks (fer nu)!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Comments