THE STAIRCASE

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

If any of you had been watching the documentary The Staircase on SBS over the past few weeks you may find some of these links interesting.

Personally I am amazed the guy was found guilty. I'm not 100% sure he didn't kill her, however from the evidence put forward by the prosecution I cannot for the life of me see how the jury found him guilty. Surely there was enough reasonable doubt to find otherwise.

The prosecution played the Gay card to what was predominantly a Christian jury and he got screwed.

For info on the trial click here. For some interesting posts on a forum go here especially check out the ill informed post by galtman08, ah the ignorant American, gotta love em. And the rebuttal from Nunofyourbiz, thank god there are some sane Americans.

A brief summary of the case and verdict is here. I'm going to watching this one, although I believe the appeal process takes 18 months in the US - sheesh!!

Comments