OF COURSE THERE'S A GOD

Stumbled across this pic -> today and along with another incident, of which I wont bore you with here, I was reminded of a debate I once had. The topic of discussion was Creationism V Evolution, I being for the later. The former being the viewpoint of a girl I was seeing at the time, lets just call her Z (cos Zee is cool) and she's a cool chick.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Z is a christian, of sorts, she was having a few issues with it at the time, but as far as I know she still has her faith. Anyway, we got into the said debate, it went kinda like this.

First up I hit her with the good old, always useful, evolutionist punch straight to the kidney type line.

"so how do you account for the dinosaurs?"

Z: "Dinosaurs are in the bible"

Me: stares blankly :blinks:

Z shows me a book, written by a dude called Josh McDowell, A Ready Defense. I still have the book, Z points to a passage.

Z: "This line is in the bible - here cometh the behemoth", "The behemoth is the dinosaur"

Me: "The behemoth is a fucking elephant!"

Z, if you're reading this, come get your book! Now if you the reader of this story feel you wish to take on creationists and need some more points of argument, then give this a read. How to debate creationists, without being boring, part 2: defending the 'you are so scientific and unspiritual' manoeuvre.

------------------------o-----------------------

The laneways behind in front and all around my home are packed with some interesting graffiti, it's an art form if done well, I'm not sure these are to be considered art, but they caught my eye the other day.


This first one I thought was cool because its not just a tag, someone is expressing more than that here.

graffiti2

Tags

graffiti1

The angry Italian smiley face!!

graffiti

Comments