COOLEST CAT IN THE WORLD AND HIS APPRENTICE

Mr Leonard Cohen, 70 years old and still the coolest cat in the world. I could gush about his prose forever, but I wont bore you with that :o) How good is this, a doco film on his life will see Leonard perform songs with U2 and Nick Cave. Whoa too good, it comes out in 2006 which is way too long away for me.

What I wouldn't give to be at that gig

------------------------o-----------------------

I mentioned a few posts back about my recent encounter with a dingo, didn't I? Ah well anyway I had a closer than usual encounter with a dingo the other day!

We were up in the Pilbara working in the field and just packing up to leave a site when this dingo walked to within 10 meters of me. Very odd behaviour for a dingo in the wild, they usually run like hell when they see humans.............

dingo1

.......... but this one seemed extremely curious about what we were doing. I reached into my backpack, pulled out the camera and snapped off these shots........

Dingo2

.............. I even walked closer to him and all it did was take a few steps back and then laid down!!! Very weird, had us a bit confused, but we continued to pack up and then left the site. Then a really bizarre thing happened................

Dingo3

............. the dog started running ahead of one of our four wheel drives. It kept pace with us for about a half a kilometer. Freaked out some of the Aboriginal guys with us who immediately declared this a bad omen. Fark!!

But all was understood after a conversation with one of the guys back at camp, he explained that a year ago some drillers working out in the bush had come across a dingo pup and had given it some food, they continued to feed it for months until someone higher up found out about it. Resulting in a few of the drillers being fired for feeding the wild life, a big no no! So this dog keeps coming up to people thinking/hoping it will get fed. The Aboriginal guys upon hearing this immediately revoked the curse of the bad omen :o)

Comments