"I AM SOMEONE WHO SEEKS JUSTICE, NOT REVENGE"


I'm not sure I would have the character to deal with it in such away, possibly switch the words justice and revenge.
Simon Wiesenthal - Jew, Survivor, Human & Nazi Hunter. He died today aged 96.


I remember as a teenager reading about him, he fascinated me. This little bug eyed man was single handedly (well obviously not, but at the time I knew very little about Nazi hunting) tracking down all the Nazis that survived the war. I was impressed. As it turns out he wasn't alone but he was the engine, the driving force behind this hunt. He helped trace around 1100 Nazis and even today the Wiesenthal Center is investigating almost 1200 cases of Nazis still believed to be alive.

He lost eighty nine members of his own family in the holocaust, which also accounted for at least 11 million civilians, including 6 million Jews. Yeah I really don't think I would have sought justice, cold blooded revenge would have been my order of the day. That's why he's a great man and I am not!
Vale

Comments