GOD HAS MY PERMIT

It's around 7pm, it's dark in my street as I pull up in my car. I swing to the left of the street behind a parked car and turn a full 180 degrees to park on the opposite side. My side of my street. As I turn I hear the blast of a car horn. Huh???
.
As I start to wind my window up and get out I hear a voice but I can't tell who or what. Bit creepy as I live opposite a church, but no it wasn't god.
.
Then I notice a face in the front window of the car I pulled up behind prior to my turn.
.
Female "Didn't you see my car lights?"
.
Me "Sorry, what?"
.
F " Didn't you see my lights?"
.
M " Um yeah I did....and?"
.
F "You almost hit me!"
.
M "What? I missed you by about 3 metres!"
.
F "More like 3 minutes"
.
M "Sorry, is there a problem?"
.
F "Yes you were going too fast and you came right up behind me"
.
M "Righto, did anything happen?"
.
F "What do you mean did anything happen?"
.
M "Did I hit your car at all?"
.
F "No"
.
M "Then what are you going on about?"
.
F "Well I....."
.
M "No I'll tell you what's going on here, I park in this street about 3 to 4 times everyday because I live here, I know how to park safely on my own street"
.
F "Well good on you"
.
M "Okay.....but unlike yourself who probably hardly ever park here, because you don't live here"
.
F " How do you know I don't live here?"
.
Now keep in mind that for most of one side of my street there is a church, a school, a priests house and a nuns house, so I'm fairly up to date with who lives near me.
.
M "Because if you lived here you would have a parking permit, but you don't, so that means you are parked illegally on my street, so don't be telling me how to park in my own street"
.
F "How do you know I don't have a permit?"
.
Oh for fucks sake.
.
M "Because you don't have one on your windscreen, that's where we stick em"
.
F "God has my permit"
.
:blink:
.
:blink:
.
M "Bahahahahaa oh I see, now I get it, have a great night lady bahahahahaha!"
.
F "Yes and you too"
.
I couldn't tell if she was smiling or not, it was too dark, part of me wants to believe she was, but I don't think so.
.
:sigh:

Comments