HOME

Finally made it home, not without "the usual" drama though.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Boarded the plane at 6.50pm and was informed that we would be diverting to Port Hedland to pick up some stranded souls left high and dry after a mechanical failure on their QANTAS jet.
.
Port Hedland isn't exactly a diversion, it's more of a totally different direction to where I wanted to be heading, anyways this stuff happens right?!
.
So we eventually get to Hedland at 8pm, told it will be a quick turn around 15-20 minutes tops, well as soon as 3o minutes had passed we knew that wasn't gonna happen. Turns out the terminal computers had now crashed and they had no way of telling who gets what seat.
.
Eventually the 10 people we were picking up (the rest got onto the other diverted jet from Parraburdoo) got on and we departed at 9pm. I usually land in Perth from this flight at 8.30pm and I still had 2 hours of flying ahead of me, add to that with the half hour wait for my luggage and the drive home, I eventually got into my house at midnight. Brilliant.
.
But there's no use bitchin and whinin about it, it's totally out of your control and the flight attendants etc. But the dickhead sitting next to me didn't see it that way. The entire plane took it on the chin, but not the fool next to me (see previous posts on how I always manage to attract the arseholes when I fly).
.
He bitched non stop about the delay, to the point that the flighties actually asked him to cease and desist, god I wish he'd gotten violent and we would have had to handcuff him to his seat, I would have snapped one of those onto him with great pleasure.
.
Here are some of his gem comments regarding why we were delayed, keep in mind the real reason is that the jet from Hedland had broken down, it was there on the runway when we landed, but he seems to have not known or ignored that. Oh and these were heard by the entire plane.
.
Dickhead "Fucking QANTAS just wanna make a few more bucks by picking up these 10 people, whats that worth $2000"
.
DH "Probably just pickin up two whores who just finished their last contract"
.
DH "Probably an MP who's missed his fucking charter flight"
.
DH "Probably some indigenous person who's paid extra" ..... huh?
.
DH "They're pissin in our pockets like we're mushrooms"
.
DH "Oh I see what's goin on they are picking up some donated body parts, all airlines have an agreement to divert and get these all over the world, even British Airways" ... he said that one like we were all thinking British Airways would be exempt from this imaginary "agreement" of his....WTF?
.
But the best moment was as were heading down the runway to take off he decides to ring his wife and tell her he wont be there till 11pm, to which the fight attendant leant across me and told him in no uncertain terms to turn it off or she would confiscate it
.
"The engines are on, you have to turn it off NOW sir!"
.
This was met by more bitching which fortunately made a huge Maori sitting two rows back shout out
.
"Yeah and as soon as you shut the fuck up we'll get home"
.
Surprise surprise this actually made him shut the fuck up for the rest of the trip home.
.
I thought I managed to control myself well on this occasion, iPod helped with that.
.
What a tool.
.
Click the flying tag below to see how I attract all the idiots when I fly, it's like bees to pollen.

Comments