SUNDAY DRIVERS

Whoa it was cold today. Spring? I don't think so, that was winter. Beanies on and Gen, Karks, Marco and I decided that on a cold winters day the only place to be was in front of a log fire at the Mundaring Weir Hotel. Bit of a drive but that's all part of the deal.

Mundaring Weir Hotel

We passed Perth's newest fire engines along the way, Perth is really setting the pace in fire engine design these days don't you think. I mean take a look at these beauts.

fire engines

Dinner was at Little Saigon in Beaufort St, I'd been there twice before and both times felt that it was okay but nothing special. Tonight changed all of that, fantastic food. We were talking about how that building has been a restaurant for like eons and I remembered when many moons ago I had a going away dinner party there before I set off for Europe to broaden my chefing skills. It was a chimese restaurant back then and the walls weren't as white as they are now. The corner in the top pic is where the counter and money till is now and the second pic shows the doors and windows with curtains. Curiosity value really. Good times.

Leaving Dinner

Leaving Dinner

Comments