MAGNITED STATES OF AMERICA

One of life's annoying things is definitely people who use their phones when they're in a cinema. Come on peeps try and live without your phone for 90 minutes cos the light from your phone really is distracting and it pisses people off. Pretty sure cinemas here don't enforce a no texting rule but this little theatre in Austin Texas sure does. This is brilliant, but a major language warning if you're watching this at work or don't like the term fucking asshole....

We do not tolerate people that talk or text in the theater. In fact, before every film, we have several warnings on screen to prevent such happenings. Occasionally, someone doesn't follow the rules, and we do, in fact, kick their asses out of our theater. This video is an actual voicemail from a woman that was kicked out of one of our Austin theaters. Thanks, anonymous woman, for being awesome.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I highly recommend visiting the Alamo Drafthouse website (www.drafthouse.com).

It will make you inescapably sad next time you walk past The Astor and it is busy not showing movies.
stu said…
true the Astor is a big loss as a movie house but I'm hoping (and it's part way there) that it'll become our version of the Enmore Theatre in Sydney and the like (A great live venue these days)
Cathy said…
The Astor was the very first cinema I can remember going to without my Mum & Dad. I went to see 'I Can Jump Puddles' with my brother. Must have been 1974'ish. Cried my eyes out.
stu said…
:)
I was a south of the river kid so the first time I went to the Astor was maybe 15 years ago