SO THIS WEEKEND I WENT ALL TOURIST


Seeing as I am currently living across the road from Sovereign Hill I figured it was time to check it out. So four of us headed in. I'll admit I wasn't expecting too much and thought it would be a bit crap to be honest. I'm happy to say I was proven completely wrong. This place is great fun. Very well done and worth the visit. It's kind of like it's one of the "Lands" at Disneyland. It's pretty much almost the same quality only no rides. But that's cool cos there's heaps of other stuff to do and see and let's be honest, a roller coaster just wouldn't look right in this authentically recreated old mining town would it?! If you go, make sure you buy the Raspberry drops.. oh my god, so good, they're like candy crack.

Arrived
And we're in
Jig
A little jig on the main st
Cart
Main store
Mine shaft
So that's what's under that tower I see from my place everyday
Cottages
Old miners cottages, very well done ones too
Puppet
Not sure the steam punk puppet show was truly authentic but it was a bit of fun
Dancing
Guide
Even the Chinese speaking tour guides were dressed for the period
Punk
Dressing for another period entirely
Liana
And a little gold panning to finish the day
Stash
Wont be retiring just yet, Liana should have panned harder IMO

Comments