LAST NIGHT I GOT TO HANG WITH AN APOLLO ASTRONAUT

Last night my buddy Nigel and I wandered over to this building
To spend some time with Apollo astronaut Gene Cernan
Gene went to the moon twice, the first time in Apollo 10 where he did a lunar orbit
The second time was aboard Apollo 17, this time he landed on the moon and drove the Lunar Roving Vehicle
No cameras were allowed but I snuck one crappy photo in at the end, that's Gene on the stage, far left, saying goodbye to some kids
Capt Eugene Andrew "Gene" Cernan, the 12th and last man to walk on the moon
Only 7 of the 12 lunar astronauts are still alive today, they were all incredibly ballsy individuals. I stand in complete awe of every man and woman who has ever ventured into space. I'm unashamedly a space geek and I can't wait until the next generation of astronauts head to Mars, I just hope I'm alive to see it.



Comments