ADAM WEST

To be fair, 2017 has been a lot gentler on my childhood idols than 2016 was... well, so far anyway. That said, 2017 just snatched a big one, Adam West, the one true Batman. Sure most of the later Batmans were cool but none were as awesome as the campy 60's version played so perfectly by Mr West. 

Whilst Batman encompassed his life he was also a  man who cooked a mean pot roast and I used to love seeing his Facebook posts about this very thing, in fact I loved that social media was able to reconnect me with him later in his life. I also love that the man himself was hilarious, like that time he got kicked out of a Hollywood orgy because he and Frank Gorshin (The Riddler) stayed in character.

So I've been wondering how to do a bit of an obit to him for most of this morning and I think the best way to do that is to share some Bat-Manga with you all, because there was no better pairing than Adam West and Japan...


 Vale big guy
via 

Comments

Luke said…
Nice work! love the creepy Japanese merch. I am sure there were many West and Romero antics we never heard about.
stu said…
The Orange wedges sound interesting lol
Gregoryno6 said…
Great collection of images, Stu.
stu said…
Cheers mate, did you see the bat signal lit up over LA yesterday? Very cool
Gregoryno6 said…
Saw that, have to admit it brought a tear to the eye...