A SECRET CINEMA IN THE SINAI DESERT



There is an abandoned cinema in the Sinai Desert, Egypt

From what I can gather nobody really knows who built it, why they built it or why they abandoned it. But there it is and for me that is all levels of awesome.

In some ways it makes up for that time I went to the outdoor sound and light spectacular in front of the Sphinx and the Pyramids which was possibly the worst "entertainment" I have ever witnessed. I don't blame Omar Sharif for it, I mean they used his narration throughout the thing but I'm pretty sure he recorded it back in the 80s, which is pretty much when they installed the sound and light effects and decided they'd be good for at least the next 50 years.  

But that's another story for another time, for now just take all of this awesome in.







I do have some bad/sad news though, in looking for these photos I found one that someone took when they visited the site a few years ago and it's been destroyed. So now nobody really knows who built it, why they built it, why they abandoned it or why they destroyed it...


Comments